The BIF was founded in July 2015 through the investment of the private sector and participation of Biotechnology Development Council (BDC), one of the 12 affiliated councils of Vice Presidency for Science and Technology (VPST) of I.R.I. Currently it has a nongovernmental legal personality and financial independence.
We invest in Iran and Iran related biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies with exceptional technologies or product opportunities based on strong scientific rationale and commercial potential.
- Our key asset is a unique team of nearly 25 Venture Advisors, comprised of renowned industry leaders and professionals who, together with the fund’s managing partners, provide our portfolio companies with hands-on guidance and support.
- We provide our portfolio companies with the necessary resources for long-term sustainable growth. We provide them with access to network, executive talent, strategic, operational, and business development resources.
- This approach enhances their value and the investor’s long-term capital appreciation, while strengthening Iran’s Biotech industry which increases investment opportunities
Acquiring international markets through venture capital in innovative projects and start-ups
- Financially supporting technological and innovative businesses
- Assist in commercializing for innovative projects
- Participating in Biotechnology projects